The Bioinformatic Unit, established 25 years ago, has a strong expertise in genome analysis, ranging from the assembly and scaffolding processes to genome annotation and annotation query systems.
- Our group specializes in genome sequencing, and our latest releases are available at http://genomes.cribi.unipd.it/.
- The software we produced is available on line: PASS, ScaMPI, QueryOR.
We have a dedicated cluster for both computation analysis and data storage. A node with 2 Tb is used for assembly-related projects, while the blade system with 384 cores is intensively used for NGS data processing.
- HP Blade System C7000, with 32 nodes with 12 cores each, and equipped with 24, 48 or 96 Gb of RAM memory (384 cores, 1.5 Tb RAM total).
- HP DL980, with 64 cores (8 processors) and a total of 2 Tb of RAM.
- 2x HP SL6500, with Tesla GPU (1792 GPU cores)
- 2x Disk Array HP, accounting for a total of 160 Tb of disk space.